Recipe and image courtesy of Village Health Clubs & Spas
This heart-healthy salmon, quinoa and vegetables recipe is a perfect easy meal to make during the workweek. This recipe, along with others featured in the café, is reviewed by Village Health Clubs & Spas’ registered dietician Brittney Clarizio. She reviewed the core menu to identify calories, proteins and the healthy choices for customers. This salmon recipe is marked as a healthy choice and has carbohydrates suggested for cardio recovery.
6 oz. salmon
1 Tbsp blackening spice
5 oz. quinoa, prepared
2 oz. diced tomatoes
1 half grilled lemon
1 oz. lemon juice
1 oz. scallions
5 oz. fresh vegetables, your choice (recipe pictured with roasted asparagus)
1. Saute, grill or bake salmon with blackening spice.
2. Cook quinoa per package instructions, then place quinoa in a sauté pan with lemon juice until heated through.
3. Grill lemon and cook vegetables to your liking.
4. Place quinoa on center of the plate. Add vegetables.
5. Top with cooked salmon.
6. Sprinkle tomatoes and scallions on top of the salmon.
7. Garnish with grilled lemon half. Yields 1 serving. Multiply as needed.
For more recipes, visit greenlivingaz.com/recipes