Whip up these deliciously simple crab cakes for the perfect Valentine’s appetizer!
- 1 lb lump crab (sustainable)
- 1 jalapeno, diced with seeds removed
- 1 small red pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fennel, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- 2-3 Tbsp Sriracha or hot sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Optional cocktail sauce
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 3 Tbsp hot horseradish
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll into palm-size balls and then flatten slightly.
- Pan fry with olive oil until both sides are lightly brown.
- Place on an oven stone or baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Serve with cocktail sauce if desired.
Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Jennifer Johnson