Noodles are the perfect sexy entrée for Valentine’s Day – this dish is easy to make, scrumptious, and still light enough to keep you feeling spunky. Featured in Tess Challis’ “100 Vegan Entrées” e-book. Make Tess’ dish at home with the recipe below and be sure to visit her at the upcoming PHX Vegan Food Festival on February 25!
- 8 oz. whole grain rice noodles (the kind you would use for Pad Thai)
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 14 oz. can coconut milk, regular or lowfat
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup basil, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
2. While the noodles are cooking, in a large bowl place the curry paste and half of the coconut milk. Whisk together until smooth. Add the remaining coconut milk and whisk until emulsified.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
4. Once the noodles are al dente, drain and add them to the bowl with the other ingredients.
5. Stir gently to thoroughly combine. Serve at room temperature, and have a sexy and scrumptious Valentine’s Day!
Recipe courtesy of Tess Challis, photo courtesy of Anna Pelzer