Loaded with vitamins and fiber, this healthy salmon and asparagus risotto dish from Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill is sure to keep you full and satisfied in the New Year. Try it at home or visit one of the three Valley restaurants in Tempe, Scottsdale and newest location in Gilbert.
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup leeks
- 1/2 cup shrimp stock
- 1 cup risotto, uncooked
- 1/8 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/8 cup yellow pear tomatoes, sliced
- Lemon wedges
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Roasted garlic herb butter
- 4 oz. fresh salmon
- Your choice of seasoning for the salmon (salt, pepper, garlic, chili, etc)
- 1.5 oz. fresh asparagus, sliced
- In olive oil, sauté chopped garlic, chopped shallots, mushrooms and leeks for one minute.
- Add in shrimp stock to deglaze the pan. In the same pan boil 1 cup of risotto.
- When the risotto begins to boil lower heat and simmer until completely cooked. Once the liquid is absorbed add in cherry tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes and squeeze one lemon wedge in the risotto.
- Add parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
- In another pan, sauté salmon with olive oil, seasoning and roasted garlic herb butter until completely cooked and golden brown.
- Remove salmon from pan and sauté asparagus spears in the same pan until completely cooked.
- Plate the dish with a scoop of risotto, salmon and top with asparagus spears.
- Serves one. Multiply as necessary.
Recipe and image courtesy of Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill.