These red chile glazed sweet potatoes will have you fired up for spring! Serve them as a decadent side dish or incorporate them into a stunning main dish.
2 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed and roasted
1/2 cup sesame vinaigrette (recipe below)
4 oz. bok choy, julienned
Handful of toasted sesame seeds
1. Cube and roast sweet potatoes in the oven.
2. Create sesame vinaigrette according to directions below, or use your favorite bottled sauce.
3. Warm sesame vinaigrette in a large sauté pan until it begins to simmer.
4. Add roasted sweet potatoes, toss to coat and gently simmer until heated through. (Add a little water if needed to keep consistency of sauce.)
5. Add bok choy and sesame seeds, toss to incorporate, and remove from heat.
Yields 4 servings
3/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
3 Tbsp Sriracha
1/3 cup tamari
2 Tbsp evaporated cane sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1. In a large bowl, combine vinegar, Sriracha, tamari, sugar and salt.
2. With an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
3. Slowly incorporate the oils with the immersion blender until smooth and emulsified.
Yields 2 cups
Recipe and image courtesy of Flower Child/Fox Restaurant Concepts