Recipe and images provided by Celine Fabre, chef at Cuisine by Celine based out of Scottsdale, Arizona. Visit cuisinebyceline.com for more information on her services.
WHILE THE CLASSIC French dish may seem daunting to prepare, ratatouille is not as complicated as you may expect. Make this quick and easy meal for a healthy dinner on Monday, and save the leftovers for packed lunches during the week. Serve it with rice or toast for a hearty meal that will satisfy the whole family!
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 squash, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Herbs de Provence, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and mix regularly.
- Simmer until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and the herbs and mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
For more recipes, visit greenlivingaz.com/recipes