Recipe and Image Courtesy of JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
This simple six-ingredient chocolate chia seed pudding is naturally sweetened, thick and creamy. Loaded with nutrients, it makes the perfect vegan and gluten-free breakfast, snack or dessert!
1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze almond milk original, unsweetened
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
2-5 Tbsp maple syrup if not blending (can sub 5-9 pitted dates if blending)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If you’re not blending, sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Let rest, covered in the fridge for at least 3-5 hours, or until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though it’s best when fresh.
Yields 4 servings
For more recipes visit greenlivingaz.com/recipes.