Recipe and Image Courtesy of Chef Jennifer Johnson
According to Holidayinsights.com, July is National Blueberry Month, and what better way to celebrate than to indulge with decadent blueberry-topped French toast! With whole wheat bread, chopped nuts and blueberries, this guilty pleasure still packs in vital nutrients while satisfying the cravings of your sweet tooth.
3 slices of whole wheat or gluten-free bread, preferably with seeds and nuts.
3 Tbsps milk or water
A pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon
- Beat eggs and milk or water until frothy.
- Dip bread in egg mixture until soaked through.
- Saute in a hot greased pan until bread is brown, then flip to finish the other side.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
5. Top with fresh blueberries, cinnamon
For more recipes, visit greenlivingaz.com/recipes.