This tasty almond cream fig cake recipe from Chef Jennifer Johnson of “Witnessing Nature in Food” is sure to be popular with kids and adults alike when the dessert cravings hit.
Find more of her recipes online at witnessingnature.net.
Recipe and image courtesy of Jennifer Johnson
1 cup pasture-fed butter
1 cup raw sugar
1 cup almond flour
Figs or seasonal fruit of your choice, for topping
Coconut whipped cream
1. Cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
2. Add eggs one at a time and incorporate.
3. Add the almond flour and mix.
4. Fill individual ramekins 1/2 to 2/3 full.
5. Top with figs or your choice of seasonal fruit.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
7. Cool for 15 minutes and serve with coconut whipped cream.
For more recipes, visit greenlivingaz.com/recipes